The Sacramento Les Dames Chapter represents women who are active in the world of food, wine, hospitality and farming throughout Sacramento, Placer, and Yolo counties. Each of us has worked professionally in our field for a minimum of five years. We are the women who have started restaurants, farmed for our local markets, managed those markets, made wine for your table, and so much more!
With over 40 chapters through the US, Canada, Mexico and England, you will find learned, committed, and exciting women – truly a group of leaders and mentors.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES MUST:
- Have at least 5 years in the food, beverage and/or hospitality industry
- Possess the highest qualities of professionalism
- Committed to and active in community service
- Check the LDEI national website to get more information about the organization and the diversity of our members.
The formal new member selection process begins in February, when a call for nominees goes out to the membership. Here is the process breakdown:
- Each potential member must be nominated by a member of the Sacramento Chapter
- A second to this nomination is also required
- The nominator provides information concerning the potential member
- All of the information is collated by the 1stVice President, who is also the Chair of the New Member Committee
- The Committee (comprised of 6 or 7 Dames) receives everyone’s information and becomes familiar with nominees.
- At a meeting held in early May, new members are selected. The number varies from year to year.
A New Member event is held in the following month at which each of our new members is honored and inducted into the Chapter.
If you are interested in being considered for membership, plan to attend one of our public events held throughout the year. This way you will get to meet many members and see if this is the right organization for you.