Thank you for your interest in joining the Sacramento Chapter of Les Dames d’Escoffier International (LDEI). With more than 40 chapters across the US, Canada, Mexico and England, you will find accomplished, committed and dynamic women—truly a diverse group of leaders and mentors.
The Sacramento Chapter of Les Dames represents women who are active in the world of food, wine, hospitality and farming throughout Sacramento, Placer and Yolo counties. Each of us has worked professionally in our field for a minimum of five years. We are the women who own or run restaurants, bakeries and specialty food shops; farm for and manage local markets; make wine, cider, spirits and coffee; author cookbooks and teach classes; promote, research, write about and photograph these efforts; and so much more!
Becoming a member of LDEI may be accomplished via two paths: nomination by an existing LDEI member (a.k.a. Dame) or self-nomination.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES MUST:
- Have at least 5 years in the food, beverage, agriculture or hospitality industry and demonstrate professional achievement
- Possess the highest qualities of professionalism
- Be committed to and active in community service
- Submit a complete packet of application materials (see below)
Prospective members also are highly encouraged to visit the LDEI national website to learn more about LDEI’s mission, vision and guiding principles, which include philanthropy, diversity, professional excellence and more. We also invite you to use this website and our Facebook and Instagram accounts to learn more about our Sacramento Chapter.
Whether you are nominating yourself for membership or are being nominated by a Dame, your application materials must be received by close of business on Wednesday, May 31, 2023.
The required list of application materials includes:
- Brief bio (3–5 sentences)
- Completed and signed LDEI Membership Application
- Up-to-date résumé
- Professional letter of reference
- Signed Code of Ethics Form
- A statement detailing why you’d like to become a Dame and how you would like to contribute to our chapter (500 words or less)
If you wish to be nominated by an existing Dame, be sure she knows of your interest! Please also complete and submit the materials listed above.
Please note, we often receive more applications for membership than are ultimately inducted into the chapter each year. Application does not guarantee membership, however, every application is carefully reviewed and considered.
Please submit your membership application materials to Donnell Brown at donnellbee [at] yahoo.com and feel free to contact her with any questions about membership or the application process. Thank you for your interest in LDEI!