Thank you for your interest in joining the Sacramento Chapter of Les Dames d’Escoffier International (LDEI). The Sacramento Les Dames Chapter represents women who are active in the world of food, wine, hospitality and farming throughout Sacramento, Placer, and Yolo counties. Each of us has worked professionally in our field for a minimum of five years. We are the women who have started restaurants, farmed for our local markets, managed those markets, made wine for your table, and so much more!
With over 40 chapters through the US, Canada, Mexico and England, you will find learned, committed, and exciting women – truly a group of leaders and mentors.
Membership into LDEI is accomplished via two paths: nomination by an existing LDEI member or self-nomination.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES MUST:
- Have at least 5 years in the food, beverage and/or hospitality industry
- Possess the highest qualities of professionalism
- Committed to and active in community service
- Check the LDEI national website to get more information about the organization and the diversity of our members.
If you are interested in self-nomination, we invite you to learn more about our organization by reviewing the background on this site and completing the application materials. The deadline for this year’s application submission is May 31, 2022.
The required list of application materials include:
- Completed and signed LDEI Membership Application
- Up-to-date résumé
- Professional letter of reference from a Dame
- Signed Code of Ethics Form
- A statement detailing how you will contribute to the Chapter (500 words or less)
- Brief bio (3–5 sentences to be used for member introductions)
Please note, we often receive more applications for membership than are ultimately inducted into the chapter each year. Application does not guarantee membership, however, every application is carefully reviewed and considered.
Please submit your membership application materials to Shelly Kessen at shelly.kessen [at] gmail.com and feel free to contact her with any questions about membership or the application process. Thank you for your interest in LDEI!